Saturday, January 9, 2010

Acrylic Nails?

I've gotten acrylic nails done in the past but I've always clipped my nails before I went and I've noticed that they always grow out quickly and soon enough I'm back in the salon getting a fill. I was wondering if I get acrylics done while my nails are long will that make a difference? Do you ladies go in with long or short nails or does it really not make a difference? Thanks!Acrylic Nails?
it really doesn`t matter, because the fill is done at the back of the nail, the space between the cuticle %26amp; acrylic, so whether your nails are long or short, you`re still going to get that gap in that place...yeah, i usually have to get a fill every 10 days, but it`s totally worth it to have the beautiful nailsAcrylic Nails?
no your nails grow at the same rate


every time they peel off the nails they delaminate (take off the surface) of your real nails, making them very thin over time


very thin nails are thus prone to fungal infections


salons share equipment and are not always fastidious about cleanliness


if you get a fungal infection you will get discolored deformed nails that take 6 months of expensive toxic oral antifungal to treat


the filth under acrylic nails has been shown to be potentially illness-inducing


better to clean your nails, apply some nice polish and let them heal again
I usually go in with my nails short... sometimes they clip them for you to fit the tip. You can always just have acrylic put on over your natural nails without tips if you want to keep then long. I think thats called sculpturing nails. I think the growing rate is the same.. the acrylic shouldn't make the nail grow any faster.
everytime i've gotten mine done, they've clipped my nails for me.





if you want to keep your nail length, why don't you just get an overlay over your natural nail instead of getting the tips? they can still airbush it to make it look like a french, if that's what you want.
You have to cut the nails short when you get acrylics. If they are long when you get in there they will cut them down themselves.





I used to get acrylics all the time but stopped because of the cost. Instead I got a manicure every week for about a month until my nails practically looked acrylic. They were long and beautiful and very strong. After that I got a manicure every other or every 3 weeks. My nails are awesome, strong, and beautiful. And I'm saving a TON of money. I don't have naturally pretty nails, my nails were thin and brittle when I started getting manicures. I suggest you try getting manicures for a while. You'll save lots of money. Acrylics are really really bad for your natural nails anyway.
well I know there are acrylics for different kinds. Like they are really good if you have a nail biting problem. I would just use your own nails instead of acrylics

No comments:

Post a Comment