Saturday, January 9, 2010

Acrylic nails?

I tend to bite my nails when I'm bored, so I got acrylic (and tips) on my nails to help them grow out. It's been about 2 months and they have grown out nicely, but I would like to take the acrylic off. Is there something else I can put on them that will keep them strong (so I can't bite them) but that I don't have to have my nails filed down to use?Acrylic nails?
use a nail hardener i like rejuvacote but they all work the same...only thing is is that it takes a while for the thin nails to grow out so don't get discouraged just apply the hardener to your nails once every other day,Acrylic nails?
As nice as your nails look when you get them done (coming from somebody who loves to get her nails done) it really isn't good for your nails at all. Everyone told me but of course I was more interested in having my nails look nice rather then listening to them and keep from ruining my nails. When they put acrylic on your nails they usually fine your nail first which isn't good for your nail and then with the glue and all the filing they do after wards to bond your nail with the acrylic it basically destroys your nails. You'll notice when you take the acrylic off that your nails will be very brittle and thin and they'll probably have all kinds of dents in them from where the acrylic was. They'll be much thinner then your nails ever were to begin with and this is why most people who get acrylic nails usually keep getting them done every 2 or 3 weeks. The best thing for you to do is go to the beauty supply store and buy a bottle of pure acetone (not nail polish remover) pure some in a bowl and hold your nail in there for about 30-40 seconds take it out use a towel or cotton swap to wipe off the acrylic and repeat that step until all the acrylic is completely off of the nail (this may take a while so use a file to file some of it off if possible and it's usually best to go finger by finger) once you have all the acrylic off of your nails clip your nails completely off so that you start the growth process all over again (because you'll notice your natural nails are too thin and damaged to work with) so if you clip them off and try and grow them again without the acrylic you may get lucky and have healthy nails again if the acrylic hasn't permanently damaged them. I usually use a product called Calcium Nail Builder from Sally Beauty Supply but I'm sure every Beauty Supply store has their own brand so just look for nail calcium, this works pretty good for me. Stay away from the acrylic / UV Gel from now on they're no good for your nails, good luck.
There is something you can apply to your nails that will prevent you from biting them, yes. Go to your local pharmacy and ask them if they can order this for you. I forget the name of it, but it's a liquid that you brush onto your nails that has a very bitter taste to it. Trust me, you will NOT bite your nails with this on them. It works great, I just wish I could remember the name of it, but your pharmacy will know. I have had to go to the WalMart pharmacy before to get it and sometimes they have it on hand behind the counter and sometimes they have to order it. It's only a couple of dollars and it works like a charm. Just use as directed and you will not chew/bite your nails as long as you're wearing this. (it's colorless, so you don't have to worry about it having a color to it....no one will even know you're wearing it, which makes it great for men as well.) Good luck!
Chances are, after two months your nails will be just as brittle if not more so than they were before. Having the acrylic on top of your nails actually wears them down, makes them less strong because they haven't breathed in two months. Chances are when you take them off, even if you stop biting them, they will still break, flake and peel just because they haven't been able to grow properly.
I used to have the same problem with my nails and what I did to slove my problem was....You can go to any Wal-Mart and buy a hard as nails w/ a nail bitting formula to stop the chewing.I will swear by the product.I cant remember the name of it but it will tell you right on the bottle. good luck with stopping if my soulution dont work for ya

No comments:

Post a Comment