Saturday, January 9, 2010

How to prevent lifting in my acrylic nails?

I've had acrylics for a couple of times now, and each time I've been to a different salon. However, I noticed that my nails always start to lift after around 3-5 days, and it ruins the look for my nails. I don't want to get them filled after just a couple of days. I'm not sure if it is just my nails, because my friends' (who go with me to the same salon) nails don't lift at all. Any suggestions?How to prevent lifting in my acrylic nails?
i have been a nail tech for 15 + years and have encountered this problem, it is the shape of your nail, the acrylic lifts bcuz your nail is very round, you must have cute petite fingers, the only nails that i see like yours are small framed women w/very small nails and hands, when they apply the nail it at first tends to flatten your nail a little and then they apply the acrylic, but when your nail starts growing out it is more curved than the normal nail, so it begins to lift.....i hope i have explained this so you can understand, it's kinds hard to explain when your not sitting in front of me......but the only solution is one of two, not get your nails done, and i am sure that's not what you want, so call your salon ahead of time and see if they can supply you with a nail tip that is more curved (to the natural shape of your nail bed), they do make them, i always have them just in case, and they do come in handy, i want my clients to return and to be happy with the services i give them, the salon just uses the cheapest stuff they find and really don't care about special needs.....but good luck.....How to prevent lifting in my acrylic nails?
Ive had the same problem. It has to do with how fast ur nails grow. Although, a few of the times ive gotten them done they havent lifted. I think maybe the thinner the acrylic then the less likely to lift. If u work with water a lot then ur nails will grow a lot faster. u can throw a little glue on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment