Friday, April 30, 2010

Is there an alternative to acrylic nails?

I've always worn acrylic nails, but I had them taken off when I was pregnant. My nails were totally ruined from years of wearing acrylic nails and they took months to look somewhat normal. I've had them off for about a year now and my nails are much stronger and actually grow now. The only problem is I really like the look of acrylic nails, but I don't want to have them put back on and ruin my nails again. Is there any alternative?Is there an alternative to acrylic nails?
I use this to file my nails then buff them, then I use an oil and lotion combination to keep my nails and skin nice. I use a clear coat sometimes too. It is nice to have nice, natural nails.





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>Is there an alternative to acrylic nails?
A lot of people have this misunderstanding that acrylics ruin your nails.





The truth is, the technician ruins your nails, not the acrylics. They ruin your nails by drilling away at your nailbed with an electric drill, and then they rip off the acrylics when you want them removed. That thins out the nails and damages them.





If you save another $20 or so and go to a high quality salon, they'll treat your nails a whole lot better and you won't have to worry about damaged nails.





But if you still want to try something else, you can try silk wraps. You can get them done on your natural nail, or with tips. They'll be very strong and you can remove them easily with polish remover.





I would suggest gels, but most gels can only be removed by filing them off (acetone won't work). A lot of salons will rip the gels off your nails once you want them removed, and you'll have the same problem again.





Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Gel nails are best. May cost a little more, but its better for your nails. U don't have to worry about them breaking so easily, it lasts longer and doesn't grow out as fast and most importantly less risk of nail fungus.

No comments:

Post a Comment