Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How often do acrylic nails need to be filled?

I got my acrylics done for the first time in years last week and I don't know when they need to be filled or how often. Can any nail savvy people out there help me out?How often do acrylic nails need to be filled?
You should get them done every two weeks. If you leave them any longer they will be imbalanced and could lift %26amp; cause damage to your natural nail. At least twice a day massage any oil in them to stop them from becoming too brittle. If they start to lift then do not be tempted to pick at them. If you need to remove one before your next appointment then soak off using acetone. The least messy way of doing this is to soak a cotton pad in the acetone %26amp; wrap a little aluminum foil around it %26amp; leave for about 20 minutes.How often do acrylic nails need to be filled?
every 2 weeks
I would also say every two weeks. My mom and sister have both had acrylics before and they got them filled every two weeks!
Hi. I found that even though I was told around every 2 weeks for infills, I usually needed them every week as my nails appear to be quite oily and therefore the nails lifted or came off by the 2 week mark. . I eventually found that double priming my nail instead of only one coat, really helped me get close to the 2 week mark.. I also find that when I am pregnant my nails last longer... not sure why, but i put it down to the fact that my nails might be a little less oily.. but anyway.. best just to see how you go and work out what's best for you. cheers
it really depends on how fast your nails grow... for the average person, you should go in about every 2 weeks. i often put it off until 3 weeks and they always were fine, but it's really up to you!
i go back every two weeks!! usually i make my next appointment while i'm getting them filled that way the people at the salon can tell me when it's best to come back!
Usually every 2 weeks.
Usually every 2 weeks but a lot depends on how fast your nails grow and how well the artifical nails are holding on. My nails grow really fast so they wouldn't even make it past 10 days. However, the nail tech that I was using (they moved BOOHOO) did an amazing job, the things still looked great with no lift 3 weeks later. Just keep an eye on them, if they are lifting and you are seeing the grow out part, it's time to get a fill job.

No comments:

Post a Comment