Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What makes nail polish last longer on acrylic nails than on natural nails?

I don't wear tips but I do have acrylic on my nail bed. My friend on the other hand wears her nails natural. We've noticed my polish last longer than hers. Anyone know why?What makes nail polish last longer on acrylic nails than on natural nails?
The reason is actually pretty simple. Your nails take on harsher conditions when its in its natural state. Whether it be washing your hands or shampooing your hair, the foundation is not as durable as acrylic. Your nails have natural oils which part the nail lacquer from your nail bed and even when you dont sweat at all. When applying tips, you get a smooth yet porous surface of acrylic overlaying your nail, this makes this polish last longer because it doesnt come in contact with your nail bed. While the acrylic may lift from your nails, the polish will last up until your next fill-in.What makes nail polish last longer on acrylic nails than on natural nails?
I believe the answer to this is the simple fact that real nails have naturally occurring oils. Those oils encourage the nail enamel to come off.





Acrylic has no moisture at all and the nail color adheres to the acrylic without a problem.





I'm not a nail technician, but I'm thinking this is the right answer.
Natural nails bend and acrylics don't. When the polish is bent, it chips as it cannot bend with the nail.
  • eye shadow
  • gold eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment