Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the difference between gel and acrylic nails?

At a salon near by me, I can either get acrylic nails for $16 or gel nails for $25.





I haven't had either but I wanted to know whats the difference between them. Not just the fact that ones made out of gel and the other is made out of acrylic.What's the difference between gel and acrylic nails?
I've never had gel nails, but according to my shiny new cosmetology textbook, there really isn't enough of a practical difference to justify spending that much more. Gel is a newer technique, and it isn't supposed to smell as strongly as acrylics do during application, but acrylics are supposed to be a bit more durable. Gel also requires a uv light to set.





Of course, the best way to know the difference would be to ask the salon about it.What's the difference between gel and acrylic nails?
Acrylic is a harder substance. Gel is more flexible. My experience is that gel doesn't hold as well as acrylic.
try both and see which suits you better.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a> mine please?
i wondered that to. ask them at the salon when u get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment